- About Us
- Information Technology
- Contact Us
Report Fraud, Waste, or Abuse
Board Report: February 14, 2019
Organizational governance involves processes and structures for decisionmaking, accountability, controls, and behaviors designed to accomplish an organization's objectives. A strong governance system can enable an organization to achieve its objectives more efficiently and effectively. In a 2017 report, we recommended ways for the Board to improve its organizational governance system. In this paper, we summarize insights from that evaluation more broadly.
Organizations that want to strengthen their governance system should
1. adapt governance processes and structures to fit organizational needs
2. define and communicate delegated roles, responsibilities, and authorities
3. set expectations for internal communication
4. ensure transparency to stakeholders
5. periodically review the organizational governance system
Read the full paper for more details.