Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
A workforce of employees with backgrounds and perspectives as diverse as the communities that we serve makes us a stronger organization, better able to meet our mission and achieve our goals. We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility, and both our DEIA strategic plan and our OIG strategic plan reinforce the importance of DEIA in our day-to-day activities through the following programs and initiatives.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility Committee. The DEIA Committee's mission is to foster an environment that values diversity of cultural identity, life experiences, and perspectives and that promotes equity and inclusiveness throughout the OIG. The committee has developed DEIA competencies for use in performance management and engaged an external contractor to conduct an independent cultural assessment. The committee continues to promote recurring cultural heritage celebrations, host listening sessions on current events, and facilitate a book discussion group for DEIA–related literature.
- Recruitment. We actively develop a diverse and inclusive candidate pool by working with a variety of colleges, universities, and professional and affinity groups to promote career opportunities.
- Mentoring. Our mentoring program creates a positive, collaborative work environment that breaks down silos. Mentees learn new skills and explore their development in a safe environment. Mentors provide developmental support, share organizational knowledge and professional expertise, and give back to the organization.
- Training and education. Our training and education efforts help ensure that we maintain our emphasis on DEIA; identify and mitigate bias; and enhance skills to cultivate a more diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible workplace.
- DEIA strategic plan. Our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility Strategic Plan, Fiscal Years 2024–2027 supports our ongoing DEIA initiatives and provides a comprehensive, strategic focus to ensure that our DEIA program has the greatest possible effect on our culture and our mission.